Ingredients for Vegetable Dal :
1 cup Dhuli Moong Dal (Split Green Gram)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 small tomatoes, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
8-10 cloves garlic, chopped (lahsun)
1 t-spoon ginger paste
1/2 t-spoon Fenugreek seeds, ground (Methi)
1/2 t-spoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric powdered (haldi)
1/4 t-spoon garam masala
2 whole red chillies (Khadi Lal Mirch)
4 table-spoon oil for vegetables and 2 table-spoon for tempering Dal
3 cups water
salt to taste
1/2 cup Cauliflower, chopped (Patta Gobhi)
1 big Potato, peeled and chopped
1 big corrot, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup green beans, chopped
1/4 cup green peas (hara Matar)
Note - You can change vegetables as per your need.
How to make Vegetarian Dal :
- Wash Moong Dal 3-4 times with water and soak for 15 mins.
- Heat 4 table-spoon oil in a frying pan and cook all vegetables by adding a pinch of salt on medium flame. Cover pan with a lid and cook until vegetables get tender, stir occasionally.
- Now, Pressure cook Moong Dal with 3 cups water, turmeric and a pinch of salt, cook it over medium-high heat for about 15 mins. or until Moong Dal gets tender.
- Now, for tempering, take a separate large frying pan, add 2 table-spoon oil to it and put it over medium flame.
- After a minute add cumin seeds, red chillies and chopped green chillies, fry for a minute. Then add onion, ginger paste garlic and ground fenugreek seeds. Cook for about 3-4 mins. stirring frequently. Add, chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook further on medium flame for 2-3 mins.
- After a minute add Moong Dal mixture, fried vegetables, garam masala and salt to the large frying pan and cook further for 8-10 mins. on medium flame to achieve the desired consistent dal.
- Serve Vegetable Dal hot with chapati or rice.