Palak Chana Dal Recipe
Palak (Saag) Chana Dal Recipe is a healthy Indian dal recipe because of the presence of Palak / Saag (Spinach) in it.
Ingredients for Palak Chana Dal :
1 cup (250 gms.) Chana Dal (Gram lentils)
1 cup Palak, finely chopped (Spinach / Saag)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 table-spoon, grated ginger (adrak)
1 t-spoon garlic, finely chopped (lahsun)
2 table-spoon oil
4 cup water
salt to taste
Herbs and spices :
1/2 t-spoon cumin powdered (jeera)
2/3 t-spoon coriander powdered (dhaniya)
1/4 t-spoon garam masala (optional, if want to make more masala rich chana dal)
2/3 t-spoon turmeric powdered (haldi)
How to make Palak Chana Dal :
- Wash Chana Dal 3-4 times with water and soak for 30 mins.
- Now, take a pressure cooker and add 4 cup water, Chana Dal, Palak, turmeric, powdered coriander to it and cook it over medium-high heat. Cook for about 15-20 mins. or until Chana Dal and Palak gets soft.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and put it over medium heat. After a minute add cumin seeds, stir it for 15-30 secs.Then add onion, ginger, garlic and cook for about 3-4 mins. stirring frequently. Add, chopped tomatoes and Red Chilli Powder to the pan and cook further on medium flame for 2-3 mins.
- When it changes its color add Chana Dal and Palak mixture to the large frying pan and turn the heat to high, stir it well. When it starts boiling, turn the heat to low, cover the pan and cook further for 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle it with garam masala, stir well and further cook for 2 mins.
- Serve Palak (Saag) Chana Dal hot with rice, pulao or roti.