Ingredients for Moong Masoor Dal :
1/2 cup Dhuli Moong Dal (Split Green Gram)
1/2 cup Dhuli Masoor Dal (Split Red lentils)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 small tomatoes, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
8-10 cloves garlic, chopped (lahsun)
2 table-spoon oil
1 table-spoon coriander leaves, finely chopped to garnish (dhaniya patti)
4 cup water
salt to taste
Herbs and Spices :
1/2 t-spoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 t-spoon coriander powdered (dhaniya)
1/4 t-spoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric powdered (haldi)
1/4 t-spoon Asafoetida (Hing)
How to make Moong Masoor Dal :
- Mix both dals and wash with water 3-4 times, soak for 15 mins.
- Now, take a Pressure cooker and add 4 cup water, Moong Masoor Dal, turmeric and a pinch of salt, cook it over medium-high flame for about 15 mins. or until Dal gets tender.
- Take a separate frying pan, add oil to it and put it over medium flame.
- After a minute add cumin seeds, Asafoetida and chopped green chillies, stir it for 15-30 secs. Then add onion, garlic and cook until golden brown. Add, chopped tomatoes, Red Chilli Powder and coriander powder to the pan and cook further on medium flame for 2-3 mins.
- After a minute add cooked Dal mixture and salt to the large frying pan and turn the heat to high, stir it well. When it starts boiling, turn the heat to low, cover the pan with lid and cook further till dal gets little dissolved in a mixture.
- Serve Moong Masoor Dal hot and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.