Ingredients for Palak Moong Dal :
1 cup Split Moong Dal (Mung Dhuli)
1 cup Palak, finely chopped (Spinach)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 table-spoon, ginger paste (adrak)
1 t-spoon garlic, finely chopped (lahsun)
2 table-spoon oil
4 cup water
salt to taste
Herbs and spices :
1/2 t-spoon cumin powdered (jeera)
2/3 t-spoon coriander powdered (dhaniya)
1/4 t-spoon garam masala
1/2 t-spoon turmeric powdered (haldi)
How to make Palak Moong Dal :
- Wash Moong Dal 3-4 times with water and soak for 15 mins.
- Pressure cook Moong Dal with 4 cup water, Palak and turmeric for about 15-20 mins. or until Moong Dal and Palak gets soft.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame. Splutter cumin seeds. Then, add onion, ginger, garlic and cook for about 3-4 mins. stirring frequently. Add, chopped tomatoes, powdered coriander and Red Chilli Powder to the pan and cook further on medium flame for 2 mins.
- Now, you need to add Moong Dal and Palak mixture and garam masala to the pan and cook further for 8-10 minutes. Add some water, if needed to achieve the desired consistency.
- Serve Indian Palak Moong Dal hot with rice or chapati.