Ingredients for Moong Dal Chilka :
1 cup Moong dal Chilka (Split green lentils with skin)
1 onion, finely chopped
1 small tomatoes, chopped
1 table-spoon, grated ginger (adrak)
1 t-spoon garlic, finely chopped (lahsun)
2 green chillies, chopped
1 table-spoon coriander leaves, finely chopped to garnish (dhaniya patti)
2 table-spoon oil
4 cup water
salt to taste
Herbs and Spices :
1/2 t-spoon powdered Coriander (Dhaniya powder)
1 t-spoon turmeric powdered (haldi)
1/2 t-spoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 t-spoon Red chilli powder (Laal Mirch Powder)
How to make Moong Dal Chilka :
- Wash Dal with water 3-4 times and soak for 30 minutes.
- Pressure cook Moong Dal with 4 cup water, turmeric and salt over medium-high flame until dal gets tender.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium flame. Splutter cumin seeds and green chillies. Then, add onion, ginger, garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add, chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook further on medium flame for 2-3 mins.
- Add cooked dal chilka, powdered coriander, red chilli powder and salt to the large frying pan and cook further for 8-10 minutes with the lid closed.
- Garnish Moong dal Chilka with chopped coriander leaves and Serve hot.