Ingredients for Dal Bukhara :
1 cup whole Urad dal
1 onion, finely chopped
2 small tomatoes, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1 table-spoon, grated ginger (adrak)
1 t-spoon garlic, finely chopped (lahsun)
1/4 cup cream (Malai)
2 table-spoon butter
2 table-spoon oil
3 1/2 cup water
salt to taste
Herbs and Spices :
1/2 t-spoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 t-spoon coriander powdered (dhaniya)
1/4 t-spoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
1/4 t-spoon garam masala
1/2 t-spoon turmeric powdered (haldi)
How to make Dal Bukhara :
- Wash Urad dal 3-4 times with water and soak for 1 hour before cooking.
- Pressure cook Urad Dal with 3 1/2 cup water, turmeric and a pinch of salt over medium-high heat for about 15-20 mins. or until it get tender.
- Now, for tempering, heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame. After a minute add cumin seeds and green chillies, stir it for 15-30 secs. Then, add onion, ginger, garlic and cook till golden brown. Add, chopped tomatoes, cream (Malai), coriander powder, lal mirch powder and cook further on medium flame for 2-3 mins.
- Add cooked dal mixture and salt to the large frying pan and cook on medium flame for 8-10 mins. Sprinkle it with garam masala.
- Garnish Dal Bukhara with 2 table-spoon butter. Serve hot with tandoori roti.