Cabbage Coconut Curry Recipe
Cabbage Coconut Curry is a south Indian Style Curry Recipe. Fresh Coconut with water is recommended to use for this recipe. Coconut Cabbage curry is often served with rice along with any South Indian Dal. The use of Coconut is very common in any type of South Indian Recipe.
Ingredients for Cabbage Coconut Curry :
500 grams cabbage (patta gobi)
1 cup grated fresh Coconut (Pani wala nariyal)
2 green chillies, chopped
1 table-spoon Mustard seeds (Rai)
1/2 table-spoon Chana Dal
1/2 t-spoon turmeric powder (Haldi)
1/2 t-spoon red chili powder (Lal Mirch)
1/2 t-spoon coriander powder (dhaniya powder)
15-20 Curry Leaves (Kadhi Patta)
2 table-spoon oil
1 t-spoon Salt or As per taste
water to boil
How to make Cabbage Coconut Curry :
- Shred the cabbage coarsely. Parboil Cabbage in sufficient amount of water by adding a little salt to it. Drain water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add curry leaves, Chana dal and Mustard seeds. Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add Parboiled cabbage, stir well. Add green chillies, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Simmer it by covering the lid.
- Just before 5 minutes of completion add grated Coconut. Stir well and Cook until done.
- Turn off the heat. Serve Cabbage Coconut Curry hot with rice.