Indian aloo matar recipe is very simple and easy to cook. Aloo matar recipe is also known as potato and pea curry, aloo mutter curry, aloo mattar ki sabzi, gravy.
Ingredients for Aloo Matar:
250 gms. peas (matar)
2 table-spoon oil
1 green chili, finely chopped
1 small onion, coarsely chopped
2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
4 table-spoon cashews chopped (Kaju)
1 t-spoon garlic, thin sliced (Lahsun)
1/2 t-spoon finely chopped ginger (Adrak)
1/2 t-spoon Haldi (Turmeric)
1/4 t-spoon Red chilli powder (Lal mirch powder)
1/4 t-spoon salt or to taste
1 cup water
How to make Aloo Matar:
- Take a non-stick fry pan and add oil to it, put it on medium to high heat.
- When it starts getting hot, add ginger,onion, garlic, grteen chili, salt and cook on low heat until it gets golden brown, while stirring occasionally such that it should not get burnt from the bottom.
- Now, add potatoes, stir it well, simmer it down and cover the pan with a plate or a lid for 2 mins. Now open it and pour 1 cup water, stir it well and cook for about 5 mins. or until potatoes gets half cooked
- Now, add peas, Red chilli powder and turmeric, stir it well and cover the lid. Cook it for 15 mins. or until the peas and potatoes gets tender or soft.
- Serve hot with chapatis or rice. Garnish with chopped cashews.