The main ingredients of Sweet corn chutney recipe are tomato and corn. Due to the inclusion of lime juice in it at the end, corn chutney recipe gives a quite tangy sweet flavour. Corn chutney recipe is very healthy in nature.
Ingredients for Corn chutney:
1/2 cup Corn (Bhutte ka dana)
5 green chillies, stem removed (Hari mirch)
1/4 t-spoon Turmeric (Haldi)
1/2 t-spoon mustard seeds (raai)
1 pinch Hing (asafoetida)
1/2 t-spoon Tamarind pulp (Imli ka guda)
1 table-spoon oil
1 table-spoon fresh lime juice (Nimbu)
salt 1/2 t-spoon or to taste
How to make Corn chutney:
- Grate tomatoes in such a way so that their skin should get removed.
- Now take 2 cup of water in a medium sized pan and boil corn in it on high flame. Cook until corn gets properly cooked. Then drain out the water form the corn.
- Now take a grinder and add corn, tomato paste, green chillies and tamarind pulp. Grind them to form a smooth paste.
- Now, for seasoning, take a small fry pan and heat 1 table-spoon oil in it. After a minute tuen the flame to low and add mustard, turmeric and hing to the pan, stir well and cook for a minute.
- Then, add corn paste and salt, cook on medium flame for 4-5 mins., stirring frequently, then turn the flame to low and cook further for 7-8 mins.
- When it form a thick chutney, turn off the heat and add fresh lime juice to the corn chutney. Mix it properly.
- Corn chutney is ready to eat. Serve it hot or let it get cool at room temperature.