Peanut chutney is also known as Groundnut chutney or Moongfali chutney. Peanut chutney is a south Indian chutney recipe. It is often served with rice, idli, dosa or uttapam. One important thing you keep in mind while making Peanuts chutney is that, properly remove the skin of Peanuts after roasting them.
Ingredients for Peanut chutney:
1 cup roasted Peanuts, skin removed ( Moongfali / Groundnuts )
1 onion, chopped
1 table-spoon tamarind pulp (Imli ka guda)
1/2 t-spoon cumin seeds (Jeera)
1/2 t-spoon mustard seeds (Rai)
1 whole green chilli
1/4 t-spoon red chilli powder
2 table-spoon cooking oil
salt to taste
How to make Peanut chutney:
- Take a medium size pan and heat 1 table-spoon oil in it. Fry onions in oil till they get light brown.
- Then, add peanuts, red chilli powder and salt and continue cooking them for 3-4 mins. on low-medium heat. Turn off the flame and let the mixture gets cool at room temperature. Now grind peanuts mixture to form the smooth paste.
- Now, for the seasoning, take a medium size pan and heat 1 table-spoon oil in it. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When mustard starts splutter, add Peanut mixture to the pan.
- Fry the peanut mixture for 2-3 mins. on medium heat, add some water if needed. Turn off the heat.
- Peanut chutney is ready to eat. Serve Peanut chutney with dosa, idli, uttapam or rice.