Pani Puri Chutney Recipe
In pani puri, Green chutney and Imli chutney is used to fill it. Pani puri is very famous in every part of India. The presence of these chutneys make pani puri tangy and yummy in taste.The proportion of these chutneys can be changed according to your taste of pani puri. Apart form these chutnies, masala water is also the major ingredient in pani puri recipe.
Ingredients for Green Chutney:
1 cup coriander leaves (Dhaniya Patti)
5 green chillies
2 t-spoon garlic (Lahsun)
1 lemon (Neebu)
1/4 t-spoon asafoetida (Hing)
1 t-spoon jaggery (gudh/gur)
salt to taste
2 t-spoon oil
How to make Green Chutney for pani puri:
- Take a pot of a mixer and add coriander leaver, green chillies, garlic, lemon, jaggery and salt to the pot. Grind it well.
- Take a frying pan and add oil to it and heat it for 2 mins. Now add the asafoetida and turn the heat off.
- Now add the oil and asafoetida mixture to the mixie.
- Blend it until the mixture gets smooth.
- Take Green Chutney out and serve it with pani puri.
Ingredients for Tamarind Chutney:
1/2 cup Tamarind (Imli)
150 gms. Jaggery (Gudh)
1 t-spoon Cumin Seeds Powder (Jeera)
1/2 t-spoon Garam masala
1/2 t-spoon Black salt (kala namak)
1 t-spoon Red chilli powder
Salt To Taste
How to make Tamarind Chutney for Pani puri:
- Wash tamarind with water. Then, add 3 cups of water to tamarind and boil it for 2 mins. on high flame. Put the flame to low and cook further for 7-8 mins. on low flame, stirring occasionally.
- Now, remove the seeds of Tamarind and let the tamarind pulp get cool at room temperature.
- Add to this tamarind pulp, cumin, black salt, red chilli powder, jaggery and garam masala, mix well and again cook this mixture on medium flame till jaggery gets completely dissolved in mixture and imli chutney gets desired thickness, stirring continuously.
- Let Tamarind Chutney get cool at room temperature, then transfer Tamarind Chutney for pani puri to the glass bowl. Tamarind chutney for pani puri is ready to eat.