Ginger Chutney Recipe is also known as Allam Pachadi in Andhra style. Allam Pachadi is usually served with dosa and idli. Instead of taking ginger we can also use Sonth i.e. dry ginger.
Ingredients for Ginger Chutney or Allam Pachadi:
4 table-spoon Ginger or 2 t-spoon Sonth (adrak/Allam) (Instead of Ginger you can also use sonth)
2 1/2 table-spoon Jaggery (Gudh)
1/2 cup Tamarind (Imli)
8-10 cloves garlic (Lahsun)
1 t-spoon Mustard seeds (Raai)
1 t-spoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
3 table-spoon Red chilli powder
2 t-spoon Salt or to taste
1 t-spoon Methi powder
1 Dry red chilli, whole
10 fresh curry leaves (Kadhi patta)
1 table-spoon cooking oil
How to make Ginger Chutney or Allam Pachadi:
- Grate jaggery and ginger, keep them aside.
- Wash tamarind with water. Then, soak it in 1/4 cup boiled hot water and keep it for 20 mins. Take out the tamarind paste and keep it aside.
- Now, take a grinder and add jaggery, ginger, red chilli powder, salt and methi powder. Grind all the ingredients to form a smooth paste.
- Heat 1 table-spoon oil in a frying pan, turn the heat to low and add dry red chilli, mustard seeds, curry leaves, garlic stir it continuously.
- When mustard seeds starts cracking add the grinned paste to the pan, stir well and cook further on low heat for a minute. Then, turn off the heat.
- Let Ginger Chutney or Allam Pachadi get cool at room temperature, then transfer Ginger Chutney or Allam Pachadi to the glass bowl. Ginger Chutney or Allam Pachadi is ready to eat.