Dhokla Chutney Recipe
There are 2 chutnies that are seved with dhokla - Imli ki chutney and Green chutney. Dhokla is a very popular gujrati recipe, but is now fed in almost every part of India. Tamarind chutney gives a very sweet taste with dhokla and in contrast to it Green chutney gives a very spicy flavour with dhokla.
Tamarind Chutney for Dhokla
Ingredients for Tamarind / Imli ki Chutney:
1/2 cup Tamarind (Imli)
150 gms. Jaggery (Gudh)
1 t-spoon Cumin Seeds Powder (Jeera)
1/2 t-spoon Garam masala
1/2 t-spoon Black salt (kala namak)
1 t-spoon Red chilli powder
Salt To Taste
How to make Tamarind / Imli ki Chutney:
- Wash tamarind with water. Then, add 3 cups of water to tamarind and boil it for 2 mins. on high flame. Put the flame to low and cook further for 7-8 mins. on low flame, stirring occasionally.
- Now, remove the seeds of Tamarind and let the tamarind pulp get cool at room temperature.
- Add to this tamarind pulp, cumin, black salt, red chilli powder, jaggery and garam masala, mix well and again cook this mixture on medium flame till jaggery gets completely dissolved in mixture and imli chutney gets desired thickness, stirring continuously.
- Let Tamarind / Imli Chutney for Dhokla get cool at room temperature, then transfer it to the glass bowl. Tamarind / Imli Chutney is ready to eat with dhokla.
Green Chutney for Dhokla
Ingredients for Green Chutney:
1 cup coriander leaves (Dhaniya Patti)
5 green chillies
2 t-spoon garlic (Lahsun)
1 lemon (Nimbu)
1/4 t-spoon asafoetida (Hing)
1/2 t-spoon mustard seeds (Raai ka dana)
salt to taste
2 t-spoon oil
How to make Green chutney:
- Take a pot of a mixer and add coriander leaver, green chillies, garlic, lemon, and salt to the pot. Grind it well.
- Take a frying pan and add oil to it and heat it for 2 mins. Now add the asafoetida and mustard and turn the heat off.
- Now add the oil and asafoetida mixture to the mixie.
- Blend it until the mixture gets smooth.
- Take it out and serve Green Chutney in a glass bowl with Dhokla.