Dahi chutney is also known as Yogurt chutney or curd chutney. Dahi is the most common diet of Indian food, as it is available in many variations. Dahi chutney is a rich source of vitamin and calcium. It goes well with all kinds of food including dosa roti-sabzi, rice etc. So, try the given below recipe of Dahi chutney.
Ingredients for Dahi Chutney:
1 cup Dahi (Curd / Yogurt)
2 whole green chillies, chopped
1/2 table-spoon grated ginger (adrak)
1/2 t-spoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 t-spoon mustard seeds (raai)
a pinch asafoetida (hing)
a pinch of red chilli powder
10-15 finely chopped coriander leaves (Dhaniya patti)
1 t-spoon cooking oil
salt to taste
How to make Dahi Chutney:
- Combine curd and salt, mix it properly with a blender or madani.
- Take a small frying pan and heat oil in it, add mustard and cumin seeds to it and turn the heat to low.
- When mustard starts cracking, add ginger, asafoetida, red chilli powder and green chillies. Mix them well and cook on low flame for a minute. Then, turn off the heat.
- Now add beaten curd to the pan and mix it properly. Curd chutney is ready to eat.
- Sprinkle Dahi chutney with finely chopped coriander leaves. Dahi chutney goes well with rice fry and all kinds of panrathas.