Dahi Chutney Recipe
Dahi chutney is also known as Yogurt chutney or curd chutney. Dahi is the most common diet of Indian food, as it is available in many variations. Dahi chutney is a rich source of vitamin and calcium. It goes well with all kinds of food including dosa roti-sabzi, rice etc. So, try the given below recipe of Dahi chutney.
Ingredients for Dahi Chutney:
1 cup Dahi (Curd / Yogurt)
2 whole green chillies, chopped
1/2 table-spoon grated ginger (adrak)
1/2 t-spoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 t-spoon mustard seeds (raai)
a pinch asafoetida (hing)
a pinch of red chilli powder
10-15 finely chopped coriander leaves (Dhaniya patti)
1 t-spoon cooking oil
salt to taste
How to make Dahi Chutney:
- Combine curd and salt, mix it properly with a blender or madani.
- Take a small frying pan and heat oil in it, add mustard and cumin seeds to it and turn the heat to low.
- When mustard starts cracking, add ginger, asafoetida, red chilli powder and green chillies. Mix them well and cook on low flame for a minute. Then, turn off the heat.
- Now add beaten curd to the pan and mix it properly. Curd chutney is ready to eat.
- Sprinkle Dahi chutney with finely chopped coriander leaves. Dahi chutney goes well with rice fry and all kinds of panrathas.