Chana dal chutney is a south Indian chutney / Pachadi. It goes well with idli, dosa and uttapam. It doesn't takes much time to prepare Chana dal chutney.Enjoy the original recipe of Chana dal chutney shown below.
Ingredients for Chana dal chutney:
1/2 cup Chana dal
1/2 cup fresh coconut, grated (Nariyal)
2 whole green chillies, chopped
1 table-spoon grated ginger (adrak)
1/2 t-spoon urad dal (Black gram dal)
1/2 t-spoon mustard seeds (raai)
10-15 curry leaves (Kadhi patta)
2 t-spoon cooking oil
salt to taste
How to make Chana dal chutney:
- Take a medium sized frying pan and heat 1 t-spoon oil in it. Add, chana dal, ginger and green chillies to the pan. Fry on low heat till Chana dal gets golden yellow. Then, turn off the heat. Let the chana dal mixture gets cool at room temperature.
- Now, take a grinder and add this chana dal mixture, salt and coconut to it. Grind them to form a fine paste.
- Now for a seasoning, take a frying pan and heat 1 t-spoon oil in it. After a minute, add udad dal and mustard to it, turn the heat to low. Then add curry leaves.
- Now, put the grinned chana dal mixture to this pan and cook for 3-4 mins. on low hear. Stir well.
- Then, turn off the heat. Chana dal chutney is ready to eat.
- Serve chana dal chutney with idly, uttapam or masala dosa.