Besan Chutney Recipe is made with gram flour. It is also known as Senaga Pachadi. Besan Chutney is very healthy and tasty that goes with well idli and dosa.
Ingredients for Besan chutney:
1/2 cup Besan or Gram flour (senaga pindi)
1/4 cup tamarind pulp, seeds removed (Imli ka guda)
2 whole green chillies, chopped
1 table-spoon grated ginger (adrak)
1/2 t-spoon urad dal (Black gram dal)
1/2 t-spoon mustard seeds (raai)
1/2 t-spoon Jeera (Cumin)
10-15 coriander leaves, finely chopped (Dhaniya patti)
1/2 t-spoon cooking oil
salt to taste
How to make Besan chutney:
- Take a medium sized bowl and add 1/2 cup water, tamarind pulp, chopped green chillies, ginger, salt and besan to it, mix them properly.
- Take a small fry pan and add this mixture to the pan. Keep stirring it continuously so that it should not form any lumps.
- Once the besan gets cooked i.e. it starts getting thicken, turn off the heat.
- Now take a separate pan and heat 1/2 t-spoon oil in it. To this oil add urad dal, mustard and jeera. Fry for a minute and add the thicken besan mixture to this pan, stir well and cook on low heat for 2 mins. Then, turn off the heat.
- Besan chutney / Senaga Pachadi is ready to eat. Sprinkle Besan chutney with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve it.