Blueberry Cake Recipe
Blueberry cake is often served with coffee, that's why we also call it Blueberry coffee cake. Try the easy and simple recipe of Black Forest cake shown below.
Ingredients for Blueberry cake:
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup fresh Blueberries
1 1/2 cup sugar, powdered
3/4 cup butter
1/2 t-spoon vanilla essence
a pinch of salt (optional)
1 t-spoon Baking powder
1/4 t-spoon cooking soda
1 table-spoon sugar, powdered
How to make Blueberry cake:
- First of all, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter and put it in a large bowl, add sugar to the bowl and mash it properly such that sugar gets dissolved in butter, mash the mixture only clockwise direction for the complete recipe.
- Now, add eggs, first the white part only, mash it for a minute. then, add the yellow part, mash it again for a minute.
- Then, add flour, vanilla essence and a pinch of salt (optional). Again mash the complete mixture now. Mash it properly now, for 5 mins. at least so that no lumps remain in the batter. The more you mash the mixture the more softer resultant cake well be.
- Coat Blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour and add to batter.
- Then, add baking powder and cooking soda and mix it properly again for a minute or two.
- Now, take a pan of microwave oven, grease the bottom and sides of the pan properly with 1 t-spoon butter.
- Put the batter in the pan and spread it properly. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of it.
- Now, start baking the cake. Bake it for 40 mins. If it still sticks after inserting a toothpick, increase the baking time.
- After 40 mins. or so hot Blueberry cake will be ready to serve. Cut it into rectangular or triangular pieces and serve hot or let it get cool at room temperature and then serve it with coffee.
Note - Always mash the cake as much as you can in clockwise direction only.