Bengali Chutney Recipe
The main ingredient in Bengali chutney is tomato, that's why we also call it Bengali tomato Chutney recipe. Following is the recipe of Original Bengali Chutney.
Ingredients for Bengali chutney:
7-8 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
10 pieces dates, chopped (Khajur)
2 whole red chillies
1 t-spoon mustard seeds (rai/sarson ka dana)
1 t-spoon grated ginger (adrak)
1/2 table-spoon cooking oil
1/2 cup jaggery or to taste (Gudh)
How to make Bengali chutney:
- Take a small fry pan and heat 1/2 table-spoon oil in it. Then, add red chilli and mustard to it.
- Add chopped tomatoes and dates to the pan and cook it with closed lid on medium-low heat till the water from tomatoes gets disappear, Stir occasionally.
- Add ginger and jaggery, cook on low heat until Bengali chutney gets required thickness and everything blend together. Let bengali chutney gets cool at room temperature.
- Now take a grinder, add chutney to it. Grind bengali chutney to form a smooth paste.
- Tasty Bengali chutney is ready to eat.