7-Up Cake Recipe
7-Up cake is rich in sweetness and lemon in flavour due to the presence of lemon extract. 7-Up is a sweet soda drink that you can find in almost every part of the world. Now a days a pinch of salt is also added in it to improve it's flavour. Try the easy and simple recipe of 7-Up cake shown below.
Ingredients for 7-Up cake:
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup 7-Up
1 1/2 cup sugar, powdered
3/4 cup butter
1 t-spoon vanilla essence
2 t-spoon lemon extract
a pinch of salt (optional)
1 table-spoon sugar, powdered
How to make 7-Up cake:
- First of all, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter and put it in a large bowl, add sugar to the bowl and mash it properly such that sugar gets dissolved in butter, mash the mixture only clockwise direction for the complete recipe.
- Now, add eggs, first the white part only, mash it for a minute. then, add the yellow part, mash it again for a minute.
- Then, add flour, vanila essence, lemon extract, 7-Up and a pinch of salt (optional). Again mash the complete mixture now. Mash it properly now, for 5 mins. atleast so that no lumps remain. The more you mash the mixture the more softer resultant cake well be.
- Now, take a pan of microwave oven, grease the bottom and sides of the pan properly with 1 t-spoon butter.
Put the batter in the pan and spread it properly. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of it.
- Now, start baking the cake. Bake it for 40 mins. If it still sticks, increase the baking time.
- After 40 mins. or so hot 7-Up cake will be ready to serve. Cut it into rectangular or triangular pieces and serve hot or let it get cool at room temperature and then serve it.
Note - Always mash the cake as much as you can in clockwise direction only.