7-Up cake is rich in sweetness with the tangy lemon flavour to it which is imparted by the presence of lemon extract. 7-Up is a sweet soda drink that you can find in almost every part of the world. Since 7-Up is a soda drink, therefore, this recipe doesn't call for the addition of baking powder or soda in it. The leavening/rising agent is the soda present in the 7-up. Try the easy and simple yet a unique cake recipe that you will definitely enjoy!!
Ingredients for 7-Up cake:
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup 7-Up
1 1/2 cup sugar, powdered
3/4 cup butter
1 t-spoon vanilla essence
2 t-spoon lemon extract
a pinch of salt (optional)
How to make 7-Up cake:
- First of all, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift the flour 2-3 times.
- Take the butter in a large bowl and beat for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add sugar in small batches and continue beating it until the sugar gets completely dissolved and you get a creamy soft mixture.
- Now, add eggs, first the white part only, beat until soft and fluffy. Then add the yellow part, beat it again till light and fluffy.
- Then, add flour slowly in batches, vanilla essence, lemon extract, 7-Up and a pinch of salt (optional). Fold the batter in one direction just until combined. Make sure no lumps remain.
- Now take a baking pan and grease the bottom and sides of the pan properly with 1 t-spoon butter. Sprinkle some flour and tap the pan to evenly spread the flour on all sides.
- Pour the batter upto the half mark of the pan and spread it evenly. Tap it gently so as to release any air-bubbles.
- Now, start baking the cake. Bake it for 35-40mins. Insert a toothpick to check if the cake is done. If the toothpick comes out clean your cake is done.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
- 7-Up cake is ready to be served. Cut it into rectangular or triangular pieces and indulge in sweet tangy lemony delight!!
Note - Fold the cake in one direction only. Avoid over-beating the cake.